At Smith Carter, we recognize the importance of privacy and the sensitivity of personal information. We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of personal information provided to us and ensuring that all personal information we hold is collected, used and disclosed in compliance with all applicable federal and provincial privacy requirements.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information that identifies an individual, or by which their identity can be deduced.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal Information collected by Smith Carter may be used for the following purposes:
- Develop and market product and/or services to you
- Establish a business working relationship with you
- To meet legal, professional and regulatory requirements
- Understand your project requirements and needs to better service you
- To invite you to attend social or educational events
- Smith Carter will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected without prior knowledge and consent of the individual, or in the course of doing business, in conformity with applicable laws. If we wish to use or disclose your personal information for a purpose other than those purposes listed above, then we will expressly seek your consent.
Retention of Personal Information
Personal information shall be retained only as long as required to meet the purpose for which it was collected or in order to meet liability requirements.
Safeguarding the Personal Information
Smith Carter protects all individuals’ personal information in our possession or control with reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
Access and Accuracy of Personal Information
We endeavour to keep all personal information that we have in our possession as accurate and as up-to-date as possible. You have the right to request a copy of your personal information as well as information as to how it has been used and who’s had access to it. If errors are detected, corrections will be made and any third-party who received the information will be informed, when appropriate.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns about how we manage our personal information, you may contact:
Smith Carter Architects and Engineers Incorporated
1600 Buffalo Place
Tel: (204) 477-1260
Fax: (204) 477-6346
Even though the Act does not apply to our employee information, we have elected to follow “best practices” for privacy in this area. After an employment decision is made, we retain the successful candidate’s information in accordance with our privacy procedures for employee records. All other candidates’ information is disposed of, unless the candidates’ information is to be held for assessment at a future date, at which time we will advise the candidate that their information will be held in our files for a specified period of time.